NEW Canadian Construction Documents Committee 2 (CCDC)
CCDC will be publishing the new version of the CCDC 2 ‘Stipulated Price Contract’ and the brand-new Master Specification for Division 01 ‘General Requirements’ and CCDC 31 ‘Service Contract Between Owner and Consultant’ documents.
It will also be providing online training to explain the key changes to CCDC 2 and to introduce the new Division 01 document.
Online training will be held in November, consisting of four distinct presentations.
Presentation 1: An introduction to CCDC
This 20-minute opening presentation will summarize the operation of CCDC, including how documents are developed, the new documents coming this winter, and what documents the committee is currently working on.
Presentation 2: Changes to CCDC 2
This 120-minute presentation will provide an in-depth explanation on the biggest and most crucial changes with the new version of the CCDC 2 ‘Stipulated Price Contract’. This includes the “Ready-for-Takeover” project milestone, provisions regarding early-occupancy by owner, how new provincial legislations like the Ontario Construction Act are addressed, and more. This presentation will also include a 30-minute Q&A period for attendees to pose their questions directly to some of the documents’ authors.
Presentation 3: The new Division 01
This 90-minute presentation will introduce the brand-new Master Specification for Division 01 ‘General Requirements’. Attendees will learn about the key provisions of this new document and how to get the most out of its use. This presentation will also include 15 minutes for a Q&A period for attendees to pose their questions directly to some of the documents’ authors.
Presentation 4: The top five questions
This final presentation will be 60 minutes in length, and feature members of the CCDC committee answering some of the most important questions received during the various sessions of the second and third presentations.
An introduction to CCDC and The top five questions presentations will be entirely pre-recorded. Registrants will be able to view these at their own convenience. Two sessions of both the Changes to CCDC 2 and The new Division 01 presentations will be held during fixed time slots every day beginning November 16 and ending November 27. The CCDC 2 presentation will be held at 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. and at 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. (ET), while the Division 01 presentation will be held at 11:00 – 12:30 p.m. and at 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. (ET). While registrants are welcome to select any session to attend, we recommend that attendees register for specific sessions based on their region to ensure that the Q&A period is more relevant to everyone’s local practices. These regional recommendations can be found here.
The registration fee for the training is $400 plus applicable taxes, with a $150 discount for each additional registrant from the same firm. This includes access to all four presentations and copies of the new CCDC 2 and Division 01 documents, an approximate value of $400.
Each session will be capped at 50 attendees on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) develops, produces, and reviews standard construction contracts, forms and guides. It is a national joint committee, formed in 1974, and includes representation from across the Canadian construction industry.
Benefits of CCDC documents
Here are five reasons why you need to use CCDC standardized construction documents for your next construction project:
- Build trust. CCDC documents are created using a transparent, consultative and collaborative process. Written with simple, easy to understand language, our documents result in more clarity, more goodwill between the parties, and less legal anxiety.
- Simplify bidding and contracting. Our documents work easily with other industry contracts, they are familiar and understood by all parties and they are trusted. That means that contracting is smoother and more collaborative, and the parties can get to work faster and get the job done.
- Fairly allocate risk. Our completely collaborative process ensures that all voices are heard, full consensus is reached before ratification of any documents, risk is allocated fairly among the parties, and real trust is built.
- Feel confident. CCDC is Canada’s only source for recognized Canadian standard construction industry documents, offering consensus-built documents and contracts that are transparent, balanced, and standardized. All parties feel confident using documents that recognize established legal precedents and provide a strong legal foundation.
- Feel represented. CCDC industry expert volunteers include representation from owners, Association of Consulting Engineering Companies-Canada (ACEC), Canadian Construction Association (CCA), Construction Specifications Canada (CSC), Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), and legal counsel.
View original article here Source