Manitoba Infrastructure re-organizes for “strategic investment”
The provincial government has reorganized the structure of Manitoba Infrastructure, highlighting the department’s intent to modernize and focus on decisions around strategic investment.
The changes, the result of a review MI launched in 2018-19, are expected to be implemented over time. They are expected to help the department:
- better align with government’s overall efforts to modernize procurement;
- optimize how we make strategic investment and program decisions, within and across MI’s various asset classes and delivery areas;
- improve processes and delivery methods to drive better value for money in provincial spending on strategic infrastructure;
- bring new innovations to managing major projects, and;
- improve policy capacity to meet mandated objectives.
“We welcome this fresh review of how Manitoba Infrastructure is proposed to be re-organized to operate and look forward to further discussion with the government,” said MHCA President Chris Lorenc.
Click here to see MI’s new organizational structure.
View original article here Source