Employment, Earnings and Hours, June 2021
Payroll Highlights —
- Nova Scotia had 410,089 payroll employees in June 2021, up 0.3% (+1,307) compared to May 2021, and up 10.8% (+40,105) compared to June 2020.
- Compared to February 2020, Nova Scotia’s payroll employment was down 3.2% in June 2021.
- In Jan-Jun 2021, Nova Scotia’s payroll employment increased 6.0% over Jan-Jun 2020.
- In January-June 2021, payroll employment was up 9.4% in construction
Average Weekly Earnings Highlights —
- In January-June 2021, average weekly earnings were up 2.0% in Nova Scotia’s goods producing sectors over January-June 2020.
- Goods sector wages were up for construction and manufacturing sectors, with construction increasing 4.9%.
LEARN MORE: For more statistics, details and definitions from this data set, please click here.
View original article here Source