What do you like about working at CANS?
One of the best parts of communications is getting a look behind the scenes at what everyone is doing. I love having a bird’s eye view of all of CANS Programs and Services, seeing all the hard work and dedication my team puts in to help members. Getting the chance to support their work and share their efforts with members is the cherry on top!
What is your favourite part of your workday?
CANS is proactive and innovative. We regularly challenge ourselves to step outside of the box and offer more than the status quo. I love the design challenges my team brings me and bringing an idea to life!
What sets CANS apart from your past jobs?
If someone brings a new idea to the table, folks are keen to help bring it to life. It’s inspiring to see how the team steps up to support a colleague’s idea. While ‘initiative’ is commonly promoted in companies’ cultures, I’ve never seen this much actual support in action.
Some of Alison’s hobbies:
- Spending time outdoors (hiking, camping, paddling, fishing)
- Crafting/DIY (knitting, macrame, jewellery design)
- Playing with my Goldendoodle, Ziggy
- Listening to true-crime podcasts
- Watching an ungodly amount of Netflix
You might have met Alison in-person at:
- CANS 2019 Softball Tournament
- CANS 157th AGM
- CANS 2019 Christmas Open House
- CANSTech 2020
- CANS 2020 Gallagher Golf Tournament (Glen Arbour)
- Construction Day 2020
View original article here Source