- Owner: Downtown Charlottetown Inc (DCI)* (A non-profit organization would take ownership)
- Location: Charlottetown, PEI
- Closing Date: December 9, 2020
- Pipeline Connection: PL18-0518PE
- Architect: Nine Yards Architecture
About the Project:
This project will see the city’s existing library move from the Confederation Centre of the Arts to the Dominion Building across the street. Dominion’s ground floor would be fully renovated to include learning and meeting areas, a cafe, media/tech lounge, art gallery, and outdoor performance pads and terrace.
The new space will double in size from the current location. The total cost will be close to $16 million. Charlottetown Library Learning Centre Inc. will contribute $4.4 million, the province will contribute at least $5.2 million, and the federal government will contribute more than $6.3 million. They expect the new library to open in the summer of 2020.
View original article here Source