About this project:
This historic property is located in Inverness on the west coast of Cape Breton. The building was originally St. Mary’s Hospital, spearheaded in 1920 by Stella Maris priests Rev. Alexander L. MacDonald and Rev. John B. Kyte. The hospital opened May 24, 1925, after the Sisters of St. Martha in Antigonish sent a contingent of nursing nuns, affectionately known as the Inverness Brigade. Nearly a century later, St. Mary’s holds a food bank and nine affordable apartments.
Follow this Project: NS20-1168
The St. Mary’s Apartment Restoration Project (Phases III – V) – Stay up to date with this project on CANSnet. Subscribe to updates by adding yourself to the Plan Takers List. The closing date is July 17, 2020, at 12:00 AM AST.
View original article here Source